Thursday, January 01, 2009

BBQ with friends

Our friends Rachel and Brian were in town for New Years Eve, so we all got together the night before New Years to BBQ and catch up. We all brought our own meat to grill and Rachel and Nicole made sides for us. They made a great salad with strawberries and a blueberry vinaigrette. I was a little hesitant about a sweet salad dressing, but it was quite tasty!

After dinner we sat around and had a few adult beverages and chatted up a storm. We don't nearly get to see each other enough, so our times together are always a lot of fun. I am truly blessed to have such great friends!!


Hanging out in Nicole's kitchen. Her and Stephen recently had a lot of work done to their house and it looks fantastic. I have total house envy :o)

The girls... Kelly, me, Rachel, Ashley and Nicole


My new shoes... I have been looking for a black flat shoe that can be dressy or casual. I was showing the girls my new shoes when Brian said that I have a bird on my shoes. Hot damn.. I didn't even see that the jewels kind of look like they are the face of a bird. (two black eyes with the little white balls around them, with the pearly white nose).



Rachel making us fantastic peanut butter cookies. I think they were the best I have ever had!


Jim and Stephen
Hanging out by the fire after dinner


Our friends... back row: Jim, me, Nicole, Stephen, Jason, Ashley and Derric
front row: Rachel, Brian, and Kelly

No comments: