I wanted to jazz up our chicken that we took to the BBQ. I did a quick search on the internet and came up with the recipe below. The recipe calls for the chicken to marinade over night, but I don't know if that would be a wise decision. I marinaded our for about two hours and our chicken had a great flavor. Leaving it in it overnight might be overpowering.
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lime juiced
1/2 half lemon juiced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons olive oil ( I am a moron... as I type this in I realize that I forgot the olive oil. I'll add it in next time)
ground black pepper
6 chicken breasts
- In a large, non-reactive container, whisk together ingredients beginning with the cider vinegar though salt.
- Then whisk in olive oil and pepper .
- Place chicken in the mix.
- Cover and marinade chicken in fridge for 8 hours or over night. (again, I only marinaded mine for about 2 hours and it tasted perfect. Of course adding in the olive oil will dilute the mixture, so it might need a few more hours)
- Discard marinade
- Either grill or bake your chicken breasts