Wednesday, February 18, 2009

MMMMMpanada's


I have been stalking this food trailer for a month or so now. They are only downtown Tuesday through Thursday, during lunch time hours. I think they are also on this corner on Friday and Saturday nights but I haven't remembered to check on that when I'm downtown at night. I have managed to miss them 2 other times (first time I went on a day they weren't downtown, and I think I went to late the second time). So when I was driving down the street and I saw the red trailer, I got really excited... I was FINALLY going to get to eat a god damn empanada

On to the food.... They have a lunch special that is decent but not great, 2 empanada and a drink for $7.50 (tax is included). I went with one savory and one sweet empanada to try them out. My savory choice was the chicken with green chilis..... the empanada was full of tasty chicken, slightly spicy (remember, I'm a wimp with spicy food so in reality it might be more "normal" spicy). The crust was good, not great. Some bites were "thick".... hmmmm... kind of like a piece of pizza that you reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds to long. Not bad, but you could tell it was reheated. Other parts of the crust were just fine. Go Figure. I got two of the sauces... one was salsa and the other was a chiptole mayo. They were both good toppings that added a nice flavor.

The sweet empanada was peach. It was okay. Kind of sweet a little tart and a very little cinnamon. A scoop of vanilla ice cream would have done wonders for this little guy. I love peaches but I don't think I would get this again.

So if you are downtown (during the right time and days) and need a quick bite to eat, I would suggest the Mmmmpanada truck.

mmmpanadas.com

size of the empanada's
a Mexican Coke in a glass bottle... snazzy!




This has nothing to do with the empanada truck but this guy was hauling ass down the street. I didn't notice what pizza place he worked for but I was impressed with his skills

No comments: