Wednesday, August 23, 2006


Yummy yummy to my tummy!



I bought a sangria mix from Williams Sonoma yesterday and I can't wait to try it! They had a sample in the store of the mix without the wine (just sparkling water) and it was very good. It was a bit on the fruity/sweet side but I figure the wine will mellow out the sweetness. It calls for red wine but I am curious to see how it tastes with white wine! The bottle of mix should be enough for two bottles of wine (you only need two cups of the mix per bottle of wine). I might try it this weekend, we'll see how it goes with the fantasy football guys at the house (more on that soon!!!).

For those of you that might not know what sangria is (psst, Mom, I'll talking to you!!), a definition from the web:

[san-GREE-uh] The blood-red color of this beverage inspired its name, which is derived from the Spanish word for "blood." Sangria is made with red wine, fruit juices, soda water, fruit and sometimes liquor's and brandy or cognac. Sangria blanco (white sangria) is made with white wine. Both are served cold over ice and make a refreshing cooler on a hot summer day.

No comments: