Thursday, August 10, 2006

I totally won some brownie points!

Not that I really need any with the husband, but I gained quite a few brownie points today. Before I go any further I guess I should explain what a brownie point is. Brownie points is a term I learned from my mama, and they mean that I did something good for somebody kind of like brown nosing. So if you give a gift out of the blue or do something really cool like offering to baby sit on a Friday night, you will win brownie points.

So today I had to take my dad to the doctor in Temple. I had some downtime while he was at the doctor so I drove up to Waco to get Taco Bueno (kind of like Taco Bell) for Jim. Jim LOVES Taco Bueno and is very sad that the store in Georgetown closed. He used to work there with some friends and every once in awhile late at night after drinking they will have long conversations on how much they miss Taco Bueno and the pro’s and con’s to all of the items on the menu. Jim likes Taco Bueno as much as I like Macayo’s and Some Burros. I bought 5 different items from the menu because I wasn’t sure what he would want and I didn’t want to call and ruin the surprise. He was SOOOOO happy when he got home and found out what we were having for dinner! :)

1 comment:

Dana said...

I still use "S" too! I had to explain that to the hubby a couple of months ago :)