Monday, August 07, 2006

My Homework!!!

I have had homework assignments each week for my photography class. The first week I was supposed to take pictures using different angles of one subject. I took these pictures....


I was lucky to have my camera near me while Chewie was laying like this! My teacher loved my pictures, but it is hard is dislike pictures of my pooh-pah!!!

For my second week, our homework was to take a picture of a landscape either at sunrise or sunset. Well, I waited until the last damn minute to take the picture of a sunset on Tuesday night (class is on Weds) and I couldn't get a good picture. There are way to many hills in Austin, and the sun set behind a hill before I could find a good place to take a picture. That meant that I was getting up early the next morning. I woke up at an un-godly hour, climbed a little hill, and waited for the sun to rise. Just my luck, it was overcast and the clouds totally hid the sun rise. I guess I deserved it for waiting until the last minute. I don't have any of those pictures handy, but I'll post some later.

For my third week, our assignment was to take a picture at night. I was very excited about this assignment and couldn't wait to take pictures! I have a couple of idea's of places to take pictures (downtown) but I decided to go to an overpass over Mopac. Here are two pictures that I took.....


I keep the shutter open for 4 seconds in these pictures. That is why the cars look like red and white lines! I also took some pictures of stained glass at a church, but the pictures didn't turn out. I don't think there was enough light to show the colors of the stained glass. I can't wait to get downtown to take some night photos!!!

Stay tuned for more photography homework!

No comments: