Friday, August 25, 2006

You suck t.o.!!!!!

The majority of my family and I are big Eagles fans! So last year when t.o. did his best to ruin our team he became my enemy. I was disappointed when the Cowboys signed him to a pretty good deal days after he was released from the Eagles. But it looks like t.o. hasn't grown up and is becoming a thorn in the side of the Cowboys......

Here is an article from MSN.com:

T.O.-Tuna confrontation is imminent
Headstrong coach getting tired of malingering receiver's antics
OPINION
By Jim Reeves
MSNBC contributor

The showdown is definitely coming. The only thing we don’t know is exactly when high noon will arrive.
It could be closer than you think.
Like a couple of volatile 1800s Texas gunslingers working their way toward a Main Street shootout, Cowboys’ coach Bill Parcells and malingering wide receiver Terrell Owens indirectly tossed a couple of more verbal barbs towards each other Wednesday, using the media as a middle-man to send their respective messages.
It’s only a matter of time until this boils over into a full-fledged, face-to-face confrontation and the question is whether the ensuing conflagration will bring down the Cowboys this season as it did the Philadelphia Eagles in 2005.
At issue, as it has been for weeks now, is when, if ever, Owens will quit using his hamstring tweak as an excuse not to practice. He has ruled himself out for Saturday night’s preseason game with San Francisco at Texas Stadium, the third Cowboys’ preseason game he’s skipped, and hinted strongly that he might not make another appearance in a Dallas uniform before the season opener in Jacksonville Sept. 10.
That news prompted a quick response from Parcells when he addressed the media Wednesday.
“I wouldn’t put a player out there if I haven’t seen him practice,” Big Bill deadpanned.
Call it a warning a shot across Owens’ nose, if you will.
But in this test of two very strong wills, t.o. (I refuse to even capitalize his initials) isn’t flinching.
“If he wants to see something,” Owens said of Parcells, “he has 10 years of film he can go back and look on.”
Did I mention that t.o. remains one of sports’ biggest jerks?
Sure, Parcells has 10 years of film on Owens he can look at. He has 10 years of highlights on Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith, too, but that doesn’t mean they’re ready to step back onto the field and play either.
But in Owens’ small-minded little world, this is only about him and what he wants. And what he doesn’t want is to practice, or even play in exhibition games if he can help it.
And Parcells said Thursday he’s beginning to have strong doubts about Owens getting back onto the field before the season opener in Jacksonville, much less for the team’s final preseason game against Minnesota at home next Thursday.
Which, of course, suits t.o. just fine.
“I know what I’m capable of and what I can do when I get my hands on the ball,” Owens said.
What he’s forgetting is that he has to actually be on the field for that to happen.
Owens missed 14 consecutive practices and both of the Cowboys’ first two preseason games while the team was training in Oxnard, Calif. He came back for five practices, then went back to his seat on the stationary bike when he found out that Parcells wasn’t going to let him play in the Cowboys’ Monday night game against New Orleans at Shreveport.
Owens claimed he had aggravated the hamstring by being forced to do “too many” repetitions during practice but the message he sent was clear: No Monday Night Football, no t.o. on the practice field.
The Cowboys have been back at their Valley Ranch practice facility in Irving for a week, but t.o. hasn’t returned to the field.
“My thing is, I will be close to 100 percent before I get back on the field,” Owens told reporters. “I am not going to jeopardize my health because of speculation. So, at this point, I am going to be smart about it.”
He said he will not be pressured into returning before he’s sure his leg is ready.
“I felt like I’ve done that before and gotten no respect for it,” Owens said. “I’m just going to do what’s best for me, and I know what’s best for this team, and I know I’m looking at the big picture.
“Just because the MRI doesn’t show anything doesn’t mean I’m not hurting.”
Parcells has clearly already grown weary of the t.o. situation and the constant aggravation it provides. With the occasional snippy exception, his responses to media questions about Owens have been mostly placid and controlled. But that could merely be the calm before the storm.
“There is nothing I can do about it,” Parcells said of Owens’ continued absence from practice. “I really don’t know and I can’t worry about it. My job is to get my team ready for Jacksonville.”
More important than any clash between the head coach and Owens is whether this situation will ultimately lead to a major confrontation between Parcells and owner Jerry Jones.
If Owens doesn’t practice before the Sept. 10 opener, but insists he’s ready to play in the game and Parcells refuses to activate him, does Jones, as owner/general manager, step in to take t.o.’s side and mandate that he play? Or does he back his head coach over the alleged difference-making receiver he signed for the next three years for $25 million?
That’s where the rubber meets the road and it may be where the Cowboys’ season begins to unravel before it even starts.
The season opener is still 2 ½ weeks away. High noon, on the other hand, may be just around the corner.

Jim Reeves is a sports columnist for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

No comments: