Thursday, August 03, 2006

I soaked it up like a sponge….

I had the excellent opportunity to watch Rachel work with a professional photographer today. She had her pictures taken at Andrew Sterling’s studio (http://www.sterlingimagesonline.com/). Rachel wasn’t sure if he would be okay with bringing a friend so she told him that I was the hair and makeup person. He he he! Well, while Rachel was in the restroom changing and getting ready he started to ask me how long I have been doing hair and make up just to make small talk. Well, I confessed that I was there more for moral support than hair and make up. But I still had to go with my new title and “fluff” her hair every once in awhile. :) I learned a lot about different types of lighting and poses just by watching him work. I must have asked too many questions about photography because he asked if I took pictures. I just said that I was a casual photographer who was looking for more. I didn't want to take anything away from Rachel's shoot so I held back my questions! He was such a nice guy and explained why he took pictures the way he did as well as gave me his background. He has no formal training, but did work with a photographer for years to learn. His work is fantastic and I have no doubt that Rachel’s pictures will be fantastic. If anything, I learned today that photography is in my future and I can’t wait to learn more and become a better photographer!!!!!

No comments: