Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Stuffed Mushroom Caps



Last week Jim had an early softball game, so that meant that I was on my own for dinner. I decided to make stuffed mushroom caps. I am not a fan of mushrooms, but for some reason I can look past my dislike for mushrooms when it is stuffed with a yummy filling. I didn't really have a recipe, but I really enjoyed my meal! I paired the mushrooms with a nice salad.





Stuffed Mushroom Caps



1 portabella mushroom caps, with the weird gill things scraped out and stem removed. (I am sure there is a technical term for the soft brown stuff under the cap, but they look like gills, so I am going to continue to call them gills)

1/2 brick softened cream cheese

1/2 chopped red bell pepper

1/2 chopped onion

1 garlic clove smashed and chopped

4 marinated artichokes, chopped

1/3 cup bread crumbs

1/3 cup parmesean cheese

dash salt

dash pepper

dash cayenne pepper




Saute the red bell pepper, onion, and garlic until soft. Add the artichokes to heat through. Once cooked, then add mixture to cream cheese, bread crumbs, parmesean cheese and spices. Once mixed together, add it to the mushroom cap. Drizzle with olive oil, and cook for 15-20 minutes in 350 degree oven.







No comments: