Saturday, September 13, 2008

Damn you Ike, you left me high and dry


We have been watching Ike churn in the the Gulf of Mexico threatening to bring huge rain and winds to Austin after it rolled over the cities along the coast. HOWEVER, Ike decided it wanted to roll over Houston and Galveston then head North. I hope everybody on the coast was able to find a safe shelter and not have to much damage to their property.
I have a bachelorette party to go to tonight so the lack of rain is good for that,,, all of the pretty ladies won't have to worry about wet hair or smeared make up. However, after a few drinks I doubt anybody would care :)
As of Tuesday, Ike's path in Texas.
As you can notice, Austin is directly in the middle of the path.

This is a shot of Ike on Saturday morning around 9:30am. Austin is barely on the edge of the rain. We are getting some gusty winds, but I can't imagine that it they are above 20 mph. Where is my rain dammit!?!?!?

Austin Doppler Radar as of 10am on Saturday. Soooooo close yet so dry in Austin. Boo.

No comments: