Thursday, June 04, 2009

Random Pictures

Last weekend we headed over to Black Sheep Lounge to celebrate Jakes birthday. The bar doesn't have their liquor license yet so they gave away 2 free drinks with every entree. Seriously... awesome. I ordered the roasted garlic sliders and Jim ordered the cheeseburger. Both were really good! The garlic sliders will leave you smelling like garlic, but when your married you don't care as long as the food is good :o) Plus I had their onion rings, and they were pretty damn good! Nice crunch coating with sweet onions. They also have darts, shuffle board, pool, and a huge patio. The one minus to the patio is that is is on Lamar, and the cars whizzing by make it loud.


Sadly this is the only picture that I got of the birthday boy (in the black and white hat, in the middle of the crowd)

Dawn, Nory and I having fun with the camera
Jim playing shuffle board


I made a big boo-boo on Saturday night that led to quite a bit of plumbing work on Sunday. I put to much cooked rice down the drain and it stopped it up. We even put a couple of bottles of draino down and used the snake. Still no luck. So Jim took of the pipe to clear it out when the bottom literally fell out. Huh. Now I know that my rice didn't cause the hole so maybe it was a blessing in disguise that we found the apparently very brittle pipe. So after a few hours and 3 trips to Lowes we have a working sink again! Thanks to the husband who got it working again!


We ate at a new McAllisters Deli at Northcross Mall on Sunday. They have your typical deli type sandwiches, salads, and baked potato's. See that little bowl of salad below? When you dump that out on your plate, it actually takes up half of your plate. They really pack the salad in... and that kind of sucks because it is hard to eat out of that little container. I think it was about $6.50 for the half sandwich and a choice of salad or baked potato.

Dinner consisted of grilled chicken that was marinated in a citrus type sauce. It was very good, but I think I needed to marinate the meat a little longer because there was only a hint of the citrus. I'll post the recipe once we have it again. We bought some nice rolls and make a sandwich with the chicken.

No comments: