Tuesday, June 02, 2009


Grilled Pork Cutlets


1/2 cup olive oil (orig recipe wants 1/4c EVOO, but that wasn't enough, so I doubled it next time)
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (didn't really measure,,, just gave it a couple of good shakes but for next time I'll add a couple more flakes because it didn't have enough heat)
6 garlic cloves, sliced thin
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons of chopped Italian parsley
salt and pepper
2 pork tenderloins, cut into 3 pieces (6 total) and pounded thin


Combine oil, paprika, sugar, pepper flakes, and garlic in a bowl. Microwave until garlic is softened and fragrant, about a minute. Reserve 2 Tablespoons infused oil, then whisk lemon juice and parsley into remaining mixture and season with salt and pepper.

Pat cutlets dry and season with salt and pepper. Rub cutlets over with the seasoned oil. I let them sit for about 10 minutes... hoping that some of the spices would sink in a little more. Grill the pork over a hot grill until lightly charred on one side, then flip. I cooked it for a little longer than the recipe called for because I didn't pound my meat (he he he,, sounds dirty) as thin as the recipe called for. Let meat rest for a few minutes before serving. The recipe calls to drizzle the infused oil over the pork but I didn't have enough left over after basting the meat with it.
Infused oil-- this smelled really good after about 30 seconds in the microwave

Man, I stink at pounding out meat. Each piece of meat looks totally different. I guess it doesn't matter much because it all tasted the same. We have a lot left over so we'll have lunches for work, and will probably use the rest in a pork fried rice.

No comments: