Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grilled Pizza

I have made grilled pizza in the past and have really enjoyed it. This time we decided to do a mostly veggie pizza using basil pesto as the sauce. Yuuuummmmm!!! This heated up okay the next day for leftovers.

Veggie Grilled Pizza

1 tube of pre-made pizza dough
1 zucchini
1 red bell pepper
1 squash
1 can of marinated artichoke hearts
1 tomato
1 onion
1 jalapeno
olive oil

1 cup of basil pesto
1 cup of cheese (any type that you want!!)



Slice up your veggies to grill. Once sliced up sprinkle some olive oil, salt and pepper then place on grill. Grill about 5-6 minutes per side (depends on how hot your grill is.... cook until you are happy with them :o)). The only veggie that I didn't grill was the tomato.



Once your veggies are done, remove from grill and cover. Now is the fun part. It is slightly hard to get your pizza dough on the damn grill. Do not do what I did and place down a huge slab o' pizza dough. As you can see below, it took up the entire grill... and it was a pain in my ass to flip over. Cut it in half and save yourself the stress... it will taste the same regardless if it is one big piece or if it is two separate pieces.
I haven't decided if I'll use the premade pizza dough again. It wasn't bad, but it was hard to roll out into an even consistency.






Oopppss... guess the fire was a little to hot. This ended up a little crispy, so I ended up making another pizza so we could have one crispy and one with a more soft crust.



Once I grilled the dough I brought them inside to start adding the toppings. While the dough was on the grill, I chopped up my grilled veggies and sliced my tomato's.


In addition to a cheddar blend, I also used fresh mozzarella... YUUUUM


Here is the final product. I ended up finishing the pizza's in the oven because I didn't really want to fuck around with trying to get the pizza crusts with the toppings loaded onto the grill again. it turned out really good!!!



No comments: