Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A good use of leftovers

I accidentally cooked my potatoes to long (originally meant for potato salad) so I had to change up our dinner a little bit. I ended up using those potatoes for mashed potatoes with chives and cheese. But it made a ton of leftovers and I needed a way to use them again. I went online and found a recipe for potato pancakes... bingo! I don't think my pancakes were as "soupy" as they were supposed to be. I noticed that the recipe called for the potatoes to be batter like and mine were like mushy potatoes. But they were still damn tasty just a little hard to flip them when I cooked them.

We also had some left over steak so we headed them up, added some cheese and a roll and made steak sandwiches


2 cups mashed potatoes (approximately)
1-2 eggs (I used one, probably should have used two)
¼ cup flour
salt
pepper
garlic
onion (optional)
chives (optional)
cheese (optional)
oil for frying

Mix all ingredients into mashed potatoes.
Preheat skillet and add a couple of tablespoons of oil
Make sure the mix isn’t to thin
Pour ¼ batter into hot pan: brown on both sides and enjoy!!












2 comments:

Dawnita said...

Please cook for me.

Collins said...

Me first!!