Saturday, November 01, 2008


Ghouls, Goblins and Fun


We went all out for our Halloween costumes. We started off thinking we were going to be Elaine and Puddy from Seinfeld, but then quickly changed out minds once we thought of the joker outfit for Jim. I wasn't super excited about the Elaine and Puddy costumes, but Jim really wanted to find an 8 ball jacket to wear (that won't make much sense unless you are a Seinfeld fan). So I was left trying to figure out what to be now that Jim was going to be the joker. I searched online for ideas and I came across the Corpse Bride. I know it is an older character and people might not get it but I really LOVED my costume. We met up with Vanessa and Matt that night and went to a couple of Halloween parties. We ended up having a good time with everybody!!!







Before we met up with Vanessa and Matt, we went to take some pictures. It was totally dark out, so we had to find some place with at least some light. We headed over to the back of HEB (near the loading dock) and found some light. We also used my car headlights and my big flash.





We didn't have a lot of time to take pictures (we were running late) so we only took a few photos.







We applied fake scars around Jim's mouth (since the Joker had scars and we were trying to be as close as possible to the character) and applied the make up over the scars. I cut a hole out of the side of my dress to show my "ribs". The ribs came from a kids skeleton costumer that I cut up.


Seriously creepy.





We tried the jumping up thing here with the timer, but we didn't time it right. I think the flash caused a second or two delay... I jumped up twice trying to get it right (I am in the middle of my second jump in the picture). We decided against any other jumping photos because my dress was freakin heavy and long.


With a little help of photoshop....





A little more help from photoshop








Vanessa, Matt, Jim and I. Vanessa and Matt are Peg and Al Bundy from Married with Children





I used super glue to put part of my costume together but apparently I also used it to temporarily glue the bottle to my thumb.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Wow! Jim really looks like the joker. Good Job Dana!