Sunday, November 01, 2009

Hiking in Arizona

I had some free time on one of the days in Arizona so I decided that I wanted to go on a hike and get some photos at Papago Park. I like this park because it is near town and only took about 30 min to get there from my mom's house. Back in the day I used to go rappelling down the side of one of the mountains, which was SO MUCH FUN. I wish I could have done it on this day... start my day off with a little adrenaline rush :) It was Monday morning, so there were only a few bikers out on the trails. I saw 4 jack rabbits running around and a few quail (at least I think they were quail.) I tried to get some pictures of the rabbits, but those guys were to quick. The hike was a lot of fun, even if it did heat up to around 75 degrees at 9am :)

Here is one of my shots of the rabbit.... He is kind of hard to see, but he is in the middle of the picture, with his back to us running away
Self portrait,,, of course


There were quite a few different types of cacti in the park.


Hello



I loved this little bush thing... so spiny


Hello, me again! To get to the top of the mountain, I had to climb up this crevice. It wasn't very hard, but it did take some time since you had to search for foot holds.



This is the opposite view from my self portrait above. I wedged my ass in the crevice to take this picture. I ended up having scratches on my ass :)









These little guys were cute with their little "hats" on their head :) I think they are quail, but not really sure. There were little packs of these guys all over the park.

In case you were wondering, I was up there (see where finger is pointing) taking pictures.


No comments: