Sunday, December 21, 2008

New York - Day 1

Mom and I near Rockefeller center tree

This was a really good Italian restaurant in Hells Kitchen. I can't remember the name but it started with a B. I have their business card in my camera bag and I'm to lazy to get it. Most dishes were less than $20 and the portions were huge. They also make their own pasta... YUM.

We went to see a play called Avenue Q. This play was pretty darn funny and used puppets as well as humans. We had excellent tickets... about 10 rows away from the stage.
Mom trying on hats at the holiday shops at Bryant Park


Bryant Park has lots of great shops open during the holidays and you can go ice skating if you want. We didn't buy much from these guys this trip but we bought plenty from them last year.



Central Park. This lake had quite a bit of ice on it and the seagulls would hang out on the ice.



My stupid flash didn't go off with the self timer

I love this picture of mummy! This was right after she was trying to get me to hurry up and leave because she thought some guy was pissing off of the rocks to the right of us :) I think he was just standing and staring at the water. As long as he didn't piss on me, I didn't really care.



Near the Hudson River. We weren't sure what to do on the Upper West side so we headed into a Barnes and Nobles and looked at some "what to do in New York" books while we enjoyed one of our many Starbucks drinks. They suggested to go a dock on the Hudson. Not much to see or do, but I took some pictures and it was a different part of NY that we havent seen before.


The squirrels at this park were all pretty darn chubby and they had no issues coming right up to you. I kid you not, they ran right up to you. To the point that I got a little nervous that the little chubster was going to climb up my leg to find food.


View from our hotel room


Grand Central Station


Empire State Building


It was freakin cold on the top of the Empire State building (around 9:30pm). I have gone up there during the day but not at night. I would have loved to take more pictures, but I lost complete feeling in my hands and fingers after about 10 minutes of being up there. I have no idea what the temp was, but if I had to guess I would say it was in the low 20's with a wind chill of a lot less.


Rockefeller Center

St. Patrick's Cathedral. We didn't go inside during this trip, but I couldn't resist taking this picture. I'm not sure where the steam is coming from, but it gives the picture an eerie feeling.












Waiting for the train near my uncle's house to take us up to Trenton, where we get on the train to NY. Our morning started around 7am.

No comments: