Friday, December 26, 2008

New Jersey Pictures

My flight from Austin to Philly was nearly empty. I believe that most people had their own row to them selves. I took advantage of my empty seats and SLEPT!! My flight left at 7:25am, and I had been out the night before so I didn't get a lot of sleep.


It was overcast in Philly when I landed, but here are a couple of shots of the city as I flew in.



One of the bridges in Philly... I have no idea the name of this one

Mom helped decorate Fred's house for Christmas


During her down time, mom volunteered to be a cross walk guard. Poor mom... she will wear anything I hand her, just to get a funny picture :)

Hmmmmm.... home made chocolates!

Forgive me because I can't remember the name of this candy shop but mom has been going here ever since she was a little girl. It smells heavenly as soon as you walk in... kind of like you were just bitch slapped by chocolate but yet you totally don't care because it is soooo worth it. There are so many wonderful types of chocolates and candies.

On my last day of vacation we drove to Pennsylvania to do a little shopping at unique shopping center. It is called Peddlers Village and they have around 60 shops that range from kitchen gear to super soft robes in all colors. We at lunch at the Cock and Bull, and I think we are all pretty darn happy with our meals. Fred ordered the tuna melt, I ordered the roast beef sandwich and mummy got the soup and onion rings. Before we left I checked the weather and it said the high would be around 60 degrees. Okay, that's nice because the weather before that day was always hovering in the 30's. HOWEVER, the cold decided to stick around and stay in the upper 30s while we shopped. Normally I wouldn't have minded, but I didn't bring a thick jacket. The weather people screwed me!!! :o)







Fred found a new woman while we were shopping. I thought it was a bit forward of him to lick her the first time he met her, but she didn't seem to mind.


Mom had to get in on the action


Fred and I


ahhhh..... brother and sister


It snowed on my first night in NJ!!! Big thick snowflakes that covered everything! I was sooo excited! The picture below is Fred's steps leading to his front deck.
This is one of my favorite pictures from my trip. I only had my little camera with me so I was slightly limited and the fact that is was snowing pretty hard didn't help things :o). But you can see the snow right below the tree on the left... it is swirling down.
Have I mentioned that I love the snow!?!!

Mom and I went on a Holiday Decorations Tour. People opened up their houses for this tour to allow people to see how they decorate for the holidays. I came away with a lot of wonderful ideas. It is an added plus to be able to look at the way people have their houses decorated normally. The homes that we went to were actually condos and most of them had the same floor plan so it was really neat to see how each person had their homes set up. Even though they were the same size and shape they were all unique.
Mom is trying to read the map to find the next house to visit.
The Santa Lama... we visited a Winter festival near Fred's that had animals to pet, food to eat and items to buy. I tried to get either mom or Fred to hug the lama but they wouldn't do it.




Mother is evil. She bought these delicious doughnuts filled with creamy goodness for us to enjoy. I don't normally eat doughnuts, but these were to damn good to pass up. I don't know why, but all of the food seems so much better back east. I think it has something to do with the recipes being handed down year after year. Most of the shops that my mom likes to go to have been around for a long time, and I'm positive that they have perfected the food over the years. I am serious when I say I would weigh 400 pounds if I lived back there.
yuuuuummmmmm!!!! Cheese steaks

Momma rockin the Christmas Pimp hat that she bought for Jim
Fred also rocking the Christmas Pimp hat
Mom as SOOOO excited to see that the jackass in the van was touching her rental car. She had the rental insurance so it wasn't that big of a deal, plus we couldn't see any damage to the car once we pulled away from the van.

No comments: