Saturday, October 25, 2008

San Francisco - Day 3

My uncle Fred and his girlfriend Lynn flew in late on Friday night and we were able to hang out with them on Saturday. We started out by going over to their incredibly cool hotel (more on that later) hanging out watching the Texas OU game. We didn't realize it was the same weekend, but in all honesty it probably wouldn't have made a difference since the Eagles were in San Fran that weekend. Fred's hotel was near a Pier that had lots of shopping and hosted a farmers market on Saturdays. So we left Jim in the hotel to watch the game while we did some shopping. I was in farmers market heaven. They had produce, cheeses, meats, seafood, candles, herbs, plants, flowers, baked goods, salsas, dips, and every other thing that I would typically buy at a farmers market. Seriously, it was some damn good stuff. I should know, I tried every sample there, even the funky cheeses that I haven't heard of before. :) After the farmers market we went to Muir Woods which is about 45 minutes north of San Francisco. My pictures aren't exactly in order of what we did that day, but I'm being lazy... at least they are grouped correctly :o)


Walking from our car to the entrance to Muir Woods



Muir Woods was so very calm and beautiful. It was also fairly shaded since the trees are so plentiful.







Looking up





Have I mentioned that I love the self timer.... The sun was peaking through the trees, and managed to make Mom and Free look like they are albinos






My mommy made me stand in tree trunk... not sure if I was supposed to




Mom and Fred





Jim and I









We didn't get a chance to spend time around the Golden Gate Bridge, so I took this will driving across.






Mom and Fred getting some goodies to take with us on our mini road trip



Joe Cool-- waiting for the ladies to finish shopping





I was amazed at the color on the stalks





Bread... Yuuuuummmmmm




Mom, Fred, Lynn and the Bay Bridge





This cool cat had a great bluesy sound





Bay Bridge



I love how it appears that the street just falls off the hill



At dinner that night... a decent little seafood place that had a great view of the Bay Bridge. This restaurant was right on the Bay

I tried to take some night shots, but I didn't bring my tri-pod so I was at the mercy of anything stationary to keep my camera still. I got a couple of decent shots.



No comments: