Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Practice makes perfect

Halloween is just a few days away, and we are ready to go!!! Well, we think we are ready to go :) Both of our costumes require makeup so we (me) practiced putting on the make up. I had an idea on how to do Jim's make up since he is going as the Joker. I did the lips a little to perfect, so I'll make sure to mess them up a bit on Friday. And I went out and bought some fake scars to make it look even more realistic. Hopefully it is easy to put on!!! Jim looks totally creepy in that picture below. We joked about him going to a neighbor to either stand in their window (but we determined that would probably lead to the cops getting called) or to go knock on their door and ask for a cup of sugar. We pussed out and just went inside to take the make up off :)


I am going to be the Corpse Bride for Halloween. My biggest hurdle was to figure out how to tint me blue. I first tried to put some super bight blue eye shadow mixed with lotion on. That didn't do anything. Then I tried to mix the eye shadow with the white make up that I used on Jim. That seemed to work, but I'm not sure if it is blue enough. The Corpse Bride is blue but not smurf blue so I want to make sure I get it right. You can't really tell what her eye make up is, so I'm going to stick with blues and sliver. I bought super huge fake eye lashes today so I'll put them on Friday. If I manage to get them on, I'm sure they will only last for an hour or so. I can't stand them but I'll suffer for a bit for Halloween :) I also need to get some pink lipstick... I only had a faint pink lipstick (can't see it at all in the picture).


Wish us luck!!! Hopefully I'll have some good photos to post after Halloween!!

No comments: