Sunday, July 27, 2008

Friday Night Date Night


We bought tickets to see the Dark Knight at the Imax on Friday night. Instead of rushing home to make dinner, we decided to eat out. I was in a BBQ mood (thanks to your story mom :) ) so we headed over to Stubbs. Both Jim and I ordered the pork ribs with different sides (poking fun at you mummy!). We had our dishes within 10 minutes of ordering. I was really surprised at how quickly we were seated as well as how quick we received food. I suppose it helped that Stubbs didn't have a concert that night. For those of you that don't know, Stubbs is a good BBQ place downtown, but they also have an amphitheater in the back for concerts. Our pork ribs were tender and my Cesar salad had a nice flavor. My mac and cheese however was kind of blah. It tasted like flour, very bland. Jim ordered the Serrano cheese spinach, which was great but it had a very spicy kick.



The movie was very good. I may be totally spoiled now since I will now expect all of the movies that I go see to be just like our Imax experience. The screen was HUGE and there were times that you felt like you were right in the movie. My two complaints were that they did not sell popcorn and that the seats at the theater are not that comfortable. The movie was everything that I expected and more. Heath Ledger did a great job as the joker. He was edgy, had all of the right mannerisms and ticks you would expect a psycho to have. I thought all of the actors did a great job of capturing their roles. So go see the movie.... you won't be disappointed!!

No comments: