Sunday, January 28, 2007

Eating Out

The last couple of restaurants we ate at were Mexican (Jim LOVES Mexican food). The first one we went to was Curra's. We like Curra's food, but don't always receive the best service. We sat down right away (last Friday night) so that was a plus. We had a new server so we knew it would probably be less than stellar service. Crap. It always happens when we eat there. After a few snafu's with the drinks, we ordered our food and were pleasantly surprised. I went on a limb and tried something new, Cream of Zucchini soup. Mom, stop making those gagging sounds :) The soup was a little bland but once I added a couple scoops of salsa it was wonderful. It came in a huge bowl so if you order it, you probably don't want a full entree to go with it. I also ordered the blackened snapper enchiladas and Jim ordered some type of steak dish, both were flavorful and very good!! If they can just get some decent servers we would go back more often!

The second Mexican restaurant was Vivo's on the East side. We have eaten there once before for lunch and really enjoyed the food. I think my favorite part of the meal was their salsa. It was a smoky garlicky non-chunky salsa. Sooooo good! I'll have to play around with some ingredients to see if I can duplicate it at home. I ordered the shrimp tacos and Jim got a combination meal with a puffy taco and an enchilada and we shared so we could try it all. Our waitress was nice and prompt with our food and drinks. A cute twist that Vivo's does is give all the ladies a rose. I am sure we will go back to Vivo's again!!

No comments: