Monday, January 08, 2007

Odd way to start the week

As I was driving to work this morning, I heard on the radio that Congress was shut down for 5 or 6 blocks due to an alarming amount of dead birds. Weird, right? So after some time they said they found 13 birds, and I couldn't help but wonder if the city was overeating. But a little later the news said that it was a total of 63 birds, so way to go city, that is weird! And then.... I saw on CNN.com that there was a strange offensive odor floating around in Manhattan.

Austin officials determined that were wasn't any toxic fumes that were floating around town killing all of the birds, so they allowed people to go to work and home in that area. They still don't know what killed the birds but they suspect poison. I am interested to see what the outcome is.

Not a good day to breath the air :)

No comments: