Monday, January 15, 2007

Bring on the crazy freaked out drivers



Austin has been experiencing a really bad winter storm over the past 24 hours that will last until early Wednesday morning. I'm stuck at work for now but we are closing early. I still have about 3 hours to go, but if the weather gets to bad then I expect us to leave a little earlier than that.


I am a weather freak and I love to follow weather but the weather people and state officials are driving me nuts. They keep breaking into TV shows to tell us the bad weather is coming. Couldn't that wait until the commercial break?


I just checked outside and there is some ice on cars, but it isn't terrible, yet. Apparently there is a second storm coming tonight around midnight that will make the weather worse. Luckily I am off tomorrow so I won't have to worry about coming into work.



I don't have any weather pictures but I have one from my in-laws who live about 30 minutes north of Austin. (see below). They said that they have ice over most of their sidewalks, and it is very thick.



Hopefully I'll have some pictures of my own to post!!! I'll be the freak outside sliding down the street trying to get pictures :) Ha!!

UPDATE:

I made it home safe from work. Honestly, it was very easy and no ice, but don't tell my boss :) But about an hour after I got home it started to sleet which left a layer of ice on the ground and cars. According to the weather guys, another storm is on it's way and it will bring plenty of ice. I have tomorrow off already, but now it appears that my husband will get to stay home also!

No comments: