Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bring it Mr. Weather Man


My morning started with a very loud thunder followed by an extremely bright flash of lighting. I knew it was going to rain, but I had no idea it would be so severe. Instead of going back to sleep we decided to get up. It was early but the storm was making to much noise. After the rain stopped we walked down to the creek and were amazed at the amount of water that was flowing. We have seen bad storms, but we both agree that this storm made the creek come out of the banks more than any other storm. It is now around 4:40pm, and it has rained all day but luckily it is just slightly more than a light rain. The water has receded in the creek, but all it will take is another bad storm and I'm sure it will fill up again.







I took my camera out to take some pictures but some of them didn't turn out because it was still dark and the rain was coming down.


Before I played with the settings, but that is Jim on the left. This is mostly our yard, but the fence is our neighbors yard.

A better picture.... the water was probably 20-25 feet outside of the banks at this point

I took this picture about 2 hours later that the picture above. You'll notice how much the water has receded, but is still quite high

Chewie was looking out the back window with me

The view from the back window, you can actually see the creek from the window (normally you can't even tell there is a creek back there)

I drove to the end of the block to take this picture. This is Shoal Creek. Normally there is about 3-4 feet wide worth of water in here.

No comments: