Friday, November 10, 2006

Working lunch


Yesterday I had to go to a chamber of commerce lunch meeting to network with local businesses. I can't say that this is my favorite thing to do, I'm not usually in the mood to walk up to strangers and strike up a conversation. I just thought we go to lunch and meet some people but I actually had to stand up and talk in front of people. I met some nice people and it was a good experience but I really don't enjoy speaking in front of people. I can do it but if I can avoid it I will!! A highlight of the lunch was the dessert, pumpkin swirl cheesecake. I haven't had it before because it just never sounded good but it was really tasty! I was telling Jim about it and he thought I was nuts because he thought it sounded gross also, but while we were shopping at the grocery store they had a sample of a pumpkin swirl cheesecake! What are the odds!! I made him try it and he agreed that we have been missing out on a yummy dessert!!!

No comments: