Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving Weekend

So I barely survived Black Friday but I survived. It was amazing how many damn people felt compelled by sales and free trinkets to wake up at 4am and go shopping. It's not really for me, but if there was something that I wanted that had a wonderful sale, then I would probably go through the ordeal.

I celebrated Thanksgiving twice during the weekend. My first Turkey day was with my husbands family at a local restaurant. We had some good food but horrible service. I guess that is what you get when you go to a restaurant on a holiday. My second Turkey day was at our house with my dad. I made a tasty turkey with all of the trimmings. And it was still tasty the next day for lunch! I LOVE Thanksgiving day leftovers!!!

Turkey Day #1

Turkey Day #2



We ended the weekend with a poker game with some friends. I have only played once before so I didn't really go into it with high hopes. I didn't win it all but I held my own with the guys. I wasn't the first person to lose all of their money (I won't say who it was, but I'll give you a hint, I live with him). In fact I was the 3rd to fall out (out of 8) so not great but not terrible. We left the poker party around midnight (we started at 8) but we found out that the rest of the guys played until 6am!!! SERIOUSLY! There was no way I could have lasted that long.

No comments: