Monday, November 20, 2006



Not Early Enough



I thought I would get an early jump on the holiday grocery traffic but I wasn't early enough. I took a couple hours of vacation today so I could leave early and get some errands done. My jaw dropped when I saw how busy Costco was. The parking lot was extremely full and it looked like it was a Sunday afternoon, not a Monday afternoon. Damn those people for stealing my idea of shopping in the middle of a Monday afternoon. Then I headed over to the grocery store to find another crowd. The cashier said that they have been busy for the last 4-5 days. I hope I bought everything I need for Thanksgiving dinner because I know the grocery store is going to get more and more crazy the closer we get to Thursday!!!

UPDATE:

So after talking to my mother, I threw out my turkey and bought another one. I was telling her that I was excited about having a turkey that was already thawed. She brought it to my attention that turkeys only have a certain amount of time to be thawed before they have to be cooked. Hmmm, Damn. I didn't think about that. So I decided to be safe and get a different, frozen, turkey. After I went to the store and bought another turkey my mom informed me that a friend of hers said that they sell fresh turkeys that aren't frozen. So guess which one I bought.... a fresh one. :) Oh well, at least now I'll know that we won't get sick!! :) I'll be making that turkey on Friday so I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: