Friday, August 20, 2010

Our babies
It is getting hard to find outdoor activities with the kids when it is so damn hot outside!! Even our early morning walks leaves the dogs panting, so we are keeping activities at a minimum right now. HOWEVER, throw a little water into the mix and you get two DAMN happy dogs that want to stay all day long. Seriously, we had to pull them out of the water. Instead of heading to Town Lake (maybe one day I'll feel comfortable calling it Lady Bird Lake) to get some water time we headed to Peace Park. They have a little stretch of leash less area (24th street to 29th street, off of Lamar) which includes Shoal Creek. I thought this would be a good area to let Abby really get a feel for the water because it isn't to deep.
It took her all of 30 seconds to realize that she LOVED the water. She had a huge smile on her face and was sprinting all over the place. We ended up having to get the leash and calming her down a bit, we are still over-sensitive/protective about her knee. The last thing we want is another hurt body part.
I love this photo... I knew I had seconds before I had to move because I'm pretty sure she would have run right into me if I had stayed in the same place


We probably stayed about 30 minutes before we decided to head down the trail. I look forward to the day where we can have Abby off of the leash and have her listen to us. We let go of her leash at the water (left it on her) but we were on both sides of the water making sure she didn't get to far away from us.


Not a great photo, but you can see the height difference of Chewie and Abby... she is gaining some ground on him! She is 6 months old.
Last weekend, I spent some time outside with the kids and the wide angle lens.
Abby is not very lady like... she loves to sleep like this, which leaves her,,, ummm,,, whooo-ha out in the open
Aaahhhhhh!!! Love this photo! Chewie is okay with her laying on him, as long as she isn't a freak and start licking him to death. This was the night after swimming, so they were both pretty tired


1 comment:

Optimista said...

That photo of Abby running toward you in the water is hysterical!!! Great catch!