Thursday, December 31, 2009

Flavor Explosion in my mouth

Sarah and I have been talking about going to Gourdoughs for months now. Gourdoughs is a trailer on South Lamar that sells gourmet doughnuts. I'm not sure gourmet is the right word but they are so much more than just doughnuts. They share the lot with 2 other trailers, Brevita (coffee) and Odd Duck- Farm to Table. I definitely want to go back to try Odd Duck, they had some good sounding food. The reason we just didn't run over as soon as we heard about them is because they are really unhealthy. Like super duper, will add more junk in your trunk than eating an entire cake bad for you. Gourdoughs makes homemade doughnuts with various toppings. They are made to order, so you know your doughnut is right out of the grease and on to the plate. I was debating between a sweet doughnut and a savory doughnut... the savory won out.



Here is my Porky's doughnut. The doughnut is topped with cream cheese, Canadian bacon and jalapeno jelly. It was wonderful... There was a good balance of sweet and savory. The jalapeno jelly didn't have much heat, but it was still tasty


Sarah ordered the Flying Pig, which is a doughnut topped with maple icing and bacon. It tasted like a yummy breakfast
The Menu:
Next time I'd like to try either the Granny Pie (caramel, pecans, bananas, and graham cracker) or the Funky Monkey (grilled bananas, cream cheese icing, and a brown sugar baste).
This is the Odd Duck trailer, and i can't wait to give it a try. Their food sounded wonderful and almost pulled me away from trying Gourdoughs... almost :)

I wanted to try the grits and the pulled pork sliders. I'll be back in the near future!



No comments: