Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Hour with the ladies!

Last week a bunch of us met up at Roaring Fork for a happy hour. We don't get together near enough, so when we finally do meet up, we spend the entire time talking and laughing. Our visits always go by so fast! We picked Roaring Fork for 3 reasons: it was a central location, their happy hour lasts the longest and there is a rumor of one of the waiters being a former Hugo Boss model. Yes, we chose a restaurant for the eye candy, don't judge! :) We ordered a few of the appetizers for the table to share and we all indulged in some wine! I was happy with the Sauvignon Blanc that they had and stuck with it all night. Our food was pretty good... we had the chicken flatbread, the tuna tar-tar and guacamole. The tuna was in big chunks mixed with mango... I wasn't sure I would like it, but it was a nice combination. Later Mahvash and I split a Cesar salad and the fried avocados. The Cesar was good with a strong anchovy flavor (which I like) but the fried avocado stole the show. They were delicious! Crispy on the outside and creamy in the middle and it was topped with some type of crab salad. YUM, YUM, YUM! I'll go back just for those little bites of yummyness. Our server kind of sucked... he just made some assumptions that waiters shouldn't. Like he was ready just to order us another round without asking everybody if that was okay.. if it wasn't for a couple people speaking up he would have done it (and not everybody wanted another drink or wanted something different) and he was cl earning away the food while food was still on the plates without asking. Ummm.. boy get your hands off of the food.. bunch of women here drinking and we like to graze!!





Mahvash, me, Vanessa, Nicole, Courtney, Kelly and Jennifer

Jennifer, me and Vanessa

Kelly and Mahvash


Nicole and I

Courtney and I with little baby Rachel :) (who is due to make an appearance any day now)





No comments: