Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lee's First 24 hrs


My lil' bro came into town a couple of weekends ago with his friend Aaron. We had a great time during the visit and had times where we did a lot and other times where our butts were planted in front of the TV (which happens a lot during football season). And they had the added bonus of playing the old school Nintendo game, RBI baseball. I still have the theme song embedded into my brain. Ding-Ding-Da-Ding-Ding...Da-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Da...... Be happy that you can't hear it, cause it will be singing it all day.



The boys playing RBI baseball


On their 2nd night in Austin, we were looking for something with an Austin flair and didn't require us to get dressed up. The boys suggested BBQ, and we thought of Rudy's. Rudys hasn't let us down yet and Lee and Aaron seemed to really liked their food. As Newbies, they were able to try a couple cuts of meat as well as a couple of the hot sides.


During their first full day we headed down to South Congress to check out some shops, get a little lunch and perhaps do a little day drinking. I took this shot as we were crossing the street

After shopping, where each of the boys bought something, we stopped in at Docs Motorworks to enjoy an adult beverage and play some shuffleboard.

Modeling Jim's new glasses... and channeling my inner Jersey bitch

Aaron, Jim, me and Lee


Jim and I were a team and beat Lee and Aaron 2 out of 3 games! Ya that's right, the old folks kicked the young folks ASS! :)




We headed down to Juan in a Million for breakfast/lunch. They are a good little local joint on the East side. For the most part the food was really good, but we have been there when it was better. Maybe it was an off day for them. Lee and Aaron seemed to like their food.



Lee, Aaron and Jim

Mom- that is your son's beer!! :) I was the good daughter and only had water

Jim and Lee- at Blind Eye Pig


Jim, me and Lee doing our best fierce look... well.... Jim and I have it down, and Lee needs to work on it a bit



Roar!



Lee and Aaron... at a fairly crappy bar on 6th street. We walked in, looked around and realized we weren't in the type of bar that we normally enjoy, had a drink, then walked back out



Lee, me and Jim


6th Street


Enjoying an adult beverage

The picture doesn't show it, but guess what? I WON! :o) (aka, I finished first)


Aaron and his HUGE sandwich. This "burrito" had a couple of hot dogs, chili, queso, salsa and BACON. Why on earth did this thing need bacon? Aaron said it was pretty good.


Me and my bro




The boys waiting for their food at the Jackalope




No comments: