Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Something new

I bought a couple of new products this week at the grocery store. The first is a creamy Vidalia Onion salad dressing. I have always been curious about these type of dressings so I bought one. I used it on some orzo pasta mixed with sauteed zucchini, squash, onions and garlic. It was a little sweet, but it went well with the pasta/veggie mixture. I might try using it as a marinade with chicken.


I was craving sausage, but I wanted to do it without all of the fat and calories so I found some chicken sausage. It wasn't that much of a difference from beef sausage but it was still something new to try. The sausage had a great Italian flavor and it was nice and juicy. They had some other flavors that we will have to try. Costco had a wonderful chicken sausage that I keep forgetting to buy, but of course it is in bulk so it would take Jim and I forever to finish it. But it was the best tasting chicken sausage I have tried.





No comments: