Saturday, October 27, 2007

Choices


I have been slowly changing around and updating our den. We used to have two desks with our computers on them (we never consolidated when we moved in together), but Jim's computer died, so we put my computer on his desk. But that left all of my desk junk without a home. So I have been searching for just the right piece of furniture. I found something that is close to what I was looking for at Pottery Barn, and it was on sale because it was a floor sample, so BONUS! :) The next step was to find some type of containers for the bottom to hold my junk. I found two types of containers.... see below:



Before I say anything else, please ignore the dry wall behind the table. One day Jim and I will actually finish our kitchen and we won't have to store drywall in our den.

Okay, so this table will go back behind our desk (I'll post pictures of that soon) so it won't really be a dominate fixture in the room. I'm not super excited about using the containers below, but I haven't been able to find the exact right table. I usually get an idea in my head of what I want, but then it will take years for me to find the right piece for the right price. Back to the containers.... which do you like best? Personally, I like the baskets better. I'm not usually a fan of the wicker look, but I think the little chests don't match the table. So, I am sticking with the baskets until I find something that I like better. Plus, the baskets were 40% off at Micheal's. But now I like the chests and I am trying to find a place to use them in the house. If I can't I have another two weeks to return them :)

No comments: