Sunday, October 07, 2007

Quite the night


Yesterday was a girls day at the spa, then dinner, then a bar, then a comedy club, then back to the bar. :) My friend Lisha was in town so we could spend some good quality girl time together. Our day started off with a stone massage at Halina in Round Rock. I haven't had a stone massage before, but Shae has and she really liked it. I have to say that it was relaxing but I think I'll stick with my normal massage. There wasn't enough massage time since time was taken away to put the stones on and off of me. Like I said, it was relaxing, but I would rather spend my money on a regular massage.


Picture with my stones





After our massages, we found a place for our pedicures. We didn't want to do it at Halina because it was to expensive. We found a place less than a mile from Halina, so it worked out perfectly. I was able to watch the Texas-OU game at the salon, so I had the best of both worlds! Of course, there were some ladies in the salon that made a big deal that all of the women were in there to get away from the game. I played nice and didn't say anything :)



After our wonderful pedicures, we went home (Lisha and Shae went to Shae's house, and I went home) to get ready for our night out. We met up at Trudy's for dinner and drinks! I tried a pomegranate mojito, and enjoyed it! It was refreshing and a bit tart. Dinner was tasty as well.



We had a couple of hours in between dinner and the show, so we headed over to a bar across the street. It was pretty dead since it was only 9pm or so. We had a good conversation with the three bartenders, so it made the time fly by. I tried a new shot this weekend.... dirty bong water. It has pineapple juice, Blue Curacao (spelling??), and other stuff. I have no idea, but it was tasty! There was a band there that Shae loved.. LC Rocks. They are an 80's cover band that came equipped with the long permed hair, the leather pants, and the wind machine to make sure their hair was flowing as they sang their songs. They were really good, and it made for a good time.



After the bar we headed over to the comedy club to watch Carlos Alazraqui, who has a role on Reno 911. I don't watch Reno 911, so I don't really have a clue who this guy is. But he was pretty funny, as were the two comedians that performed before him. Cap City Comedy club wasn't that busy, but we still had a good time!!!!





After the comedy club we headed back to the bar to see if LC Rocks was still playing... and they were! I have to say, I couldn't keep up with these two partying mama's! I ran out of steam around 1:00am, but I had to be a trooper for my friends!! :) I switched to water and sat down (my shoes were killing my feet!!) while the ladies sang and danced with the band!

Please excuse my six chins.... this isn't the best angle but I was bending backwards to fit in the picture (it was a self portrait)

Lisha posing with one of the band members. I think he has more eye makeup on than Lisha does!!!

This cute little old guy was drinking and dancing all night. He was there with his daughter (who really looked like his granddaughter). He was 76 years old.

The crowd dancing while listening to LC Rocks

No comments: