Saturday, September 08, 2007

B'fast Tacos

There is a poll on our local newspaper for the best breakfast taco. I am a sucker for a good breakfast taco, so I thought I would give my two cents on the list. Unfortunately, I haven't tried many of the places on the list, so I guess I'll just have to go and try them. I'll sacrifice my stomach to keep my blog interesting :)

Here is the list for best breakfast tacos:

Taco Deli - I recently went there for the first time for lunch and really enjoyed my taco! Jim has heard that they don't have great breakfast tacos, but I am going to try it anyway.

Rudy's - Rudy's is my faithful breakfast taco place. I don't think I have had a bad experience from there. I also like their salsa, which really makes a breakfast taco

El Chilito - this is the place that I thought was absolutely horrible. The egg had a film on it, like it was cooked like a pancake and it had an odd taste, which I couldn't cover with the salsa. YUCK, YUCK, YUCK

Maria's Taco Express- I haven't eaten here yet... I'll report later!

Tamale House- I don't know if I have eaten here or not. I ate breakfast from a place that had Tamale in the name but not sure if it is the same place.

Taco Shack - they have decent tacos. I usually only like potato and egg, but they have one that has eggs, potato's, bacon, onions, chili's, and cheese, which is very tasty!
Juan in a Million- haven't been there yet

Chango's- this place is so close to the house, but didn't know they had breakfast tacos. Unfortunately, I am usually heading south to work, and they are just a bit north. Maybe I can try it on a weekend.

Las Manitas- I haven't had their b'fast tacos, but I have had their breakfast. If I remember right, their migas were good not great.

Taco Cabana - I like Taco Cabana's homemade tortillas. Yummy! Their tortilla's really make the taco

Taqueria Arndas- this place scares me a little because I have heard you need to know a little Spanish to order because the people who work there speak very little English. Maybe I'll give it a try when I am feeling adventurous.

No comments: