Tuesday, September 11, 2007

8 Days and Counting....


We are leaving for vacation in 8 days and I CANNOT WAIT!! I am extremely jealous because my mutha is already at my Uncles house. She has a zillion vacation hours and can go on vacation for weeks at a time :) Anywho, we leave next week and I have been spending time trying to figure out what we are going to do while we are there. We have already explored Philly, New Jersey, Boston, Washington DC and New York. We have two days that aren't planned. I'm not that person that can just hang out and watch TV while I am on vacation. I am that girl that plans out my day to do everything that I possibly can. I suppose it is why we come back from vacations tired :). My husband hasn't been any help except to say that he'll play golf with my uncle while my mom and I go to New York. But that is one day, and that still leaves us two days. Hmmmmm???? I am thinking Washington DC to see everything that we didn't see last time, but I don't think that is much.

So I found a list of "top" thing to do in DC...

Tour the White House- this interests me the most. We have only stood outside of the White House, not actually gone for a tour
Visit the United States Capitol- ehhh, not my cup of cappuccino
Smithsonian Museum- we went last time, but it is always a lot of fun to go to!
Georgetown- this interests me, but I'm not really sure what there is to do in Georgetown besides find some cool restaurants and bars
National Gallery of Art- honestly I can handle about an hour of an art museum before I get bored. Yes, I am quite the intellectual,,, NOT
Moonlight Memorials and Monument Tour- I would LOVE to do this, but not sure if we will stay the night and I don't want to drive home that late (it is about a 3hr drive from my Uncles house)
Arlington National Cemetery- Jim hasn't gone, and I know he is interested in going. It has been at least 10 years since I have gone, so it might be interesting.
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum- Not sure I would be interested.. kind of morbid
Zoo- I would LOVE to go, but I know that most people don't love to go to Zoo's like I do.
Lincoln Memorial- we went last time we were in DC so don't really need to go this time.
Washington National Cathedral- might be interesting, but would only take up about 30 minutes of our day
National Mall- we saw this last time, but of course we were wearing expensive trash bags (the gift shop called them "ponchos") since it was pouring. I would like to at least stop and take a few pictures.

As you can tell I am leaning towards going to DC with the hopes that it isn't pouring. Last time we went, it poured almost the entire time. Seriously, it poured the entire time. We laughed and didn't let it get us down, but it was pretty hilarious. ****Damn, I just looked for pictures from our last trip on my computer and couldn't find any :( I know they are out there, so folks if you are lucky, I'll find them and post them.***

I always feel a little guilty when I go on vacation, because I spend a lot of time taking pictures. I was actually a little relieved when Jim and I went to Boston, because he wanted to go the hotel to take a nap so I took advantage of that time to wander around Boston taking pictures. I hate that my hobby interferes with our fun! However, if I am going to lug around my 15 pound camera bag, I am going to take pictures :) Damn it.

I don't want to keep all two of you that read the blog in suspense, so as soon as we make the decision I'll let you know! :)

No comments: