Thursday, May 13, 2010

Getting Ready for the Wedding


We had people come to the room to do our hair and our make up for the wedding. Since we were going to spend a few hours in the room, I brought mimosas to enjoy while being pampered :). The rooms at the hotel (Hotel Valencia) were spacious so it didn't seem cramped when we had 1 bride, 4 bridesmaids, 2 hair stylists, 1 makeup person, and a baby. We had a fun time laughing and relaxing before the big event. Lindsay seemed pretty calm through out the entire day, which is awesome! You don't want a jittery bride on her big day!



Chris stopped by the room to drop off a card for Lindsay and for her mom. Of course the bride and groom can't see each other, so I had them pose on each side of the door :)


Lindsay's dress was long, elegant and flowy (is that a word?), and was perfect for her 5'10 thin frame!


Lindsay's earrings

Melissa (Chris' sister) and Lindsay getting their hair done. I'm not sure how Lindsay found the hair stylists, but they did a really good job with all of our hair. Especially since we all gave a basic idea of what we wanted done, and they delivered some good looking hair. I regret not getting a better picture of my hair, but I was more focused on getting bride photos than my own photos.


Lindsay and Michelle

This little guy is Ethan, Melissa's son. He is 5 months old and just a cutie pie! He was really good while hanging out with the ladies!

Don't you just want to squeeze his cheeks?

We are so damn lucky to have a good friend that is a make up artist! Vannessa works for MAC and did mine and Lindsay's make up for the day. She did wonders with my make up!! I need to hire for each time I go out :)

Vannessa and Lindsay
Lindsay had beautiful orchids in her hair, which looked fantastic.

She was (is) such a beautiful bride!!


Ashley and Michelle strutting their stuff through the hotel

Ashley and I
We took one of the riverboats from the hotel to the wedding venue. It was about a 5 minute ride, but still a lot of fun to have our own boat!

The wedding was held at the Southwest School of Art and Craft. This little room was the bridal suite. The venue was perfect... outdoor wedding and an indoor reception all in one place. I'll post a few other photos of the wedding in a different post.
While we were waiting for the ceremony to start I snuck out to check out the venue and I ran into Jim! A quick self portrait before the fun began

No comments: