Thursday, August 30, 2007

Stripping

I have had the pleasure of stripping our kitchen cabinets of the paint. Ugh. The process seems easy, paint on the stripper, wait, then scrape off of the cabinets. Sure,,, uh-huh,,,, sounds to good to be true. Well, they failed to mention that the stench of the stripper is enough to dissolve all nose hairs and curl your eye brows. Wow, it packs a punch. Okay, so I painted on the stripper, used my little plastic tool and proceeded to scrape. Hmmmm. So it doesn't all come off. Damn you paint. So it takes 2 to 3 applications to get it all. But it isn't really all gone, there are some green paint streaks and some green tinted wood. I think that is because I was seeing things after inhaling the fumes. I really thought that it would be an easy process and be done within a day or two. I guess I should have expected the extra time since this entire process is taking WAY longer than expected. I'll do one more round of the stipper with the cabinet drawers to try to get it all off. We don't know what we'll be doing with them (stain or paint) until we figure out what color the granite counter tops will be.

Here are some pictures of my progress....

No comments: