Sunday, August 19, 2007

Shrimp-a-licious

I found an awesome recipe online at The Pioneer Lady blog. It is so simple yet so finger lickin good! There isn't really a recipe because you make it based on your tastes, but I'll let you know what I did.

I used about 25 or so 21-25 shrimp with shells still on (21-25 means that there are 21-25 shrimp per pound)

Arrange shrimp on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle on lots of black pepper. I probably used about 2 table spoons. Then sprinkle on some salt. Then get out your Worcestershire sauce and squirt on 7 to 8 shakes over the shrimp. Next it is time for the Tabasco. I thought I used a lot (10 squirts) but the shrimp wasn't super spicy (which is what I wanted). Once you have everything squirted on, then you'll take 8 pats of butter and put it on top of the shrimp.

Now stick it in the oven on broil (and I had two options on my oven, hi and low, I picked low) for about 8 minutes or until the shrimp is pink.

The shrimp will be in a sauce in the pan. I scooped up the shrimp onto my plate, and then covered them in sauce. They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! And the recipe is so damn simple. We had corn on the cob and some crusty french bread.

No comments: