Saturday, August 04, 2007


The Australian Invasion

Our friends, Jason and Ashely, recently moved back to Austin. They spend the last 2 1/2 years living in Australia. Regrettably we weren't able to visit them while they were living over there. I wish we did, but it is a very expensive trip. But now they are back, which makes Jim really happy. He has known Jason since they were wee little kids and have always kept in touch over the years. Most of Jim's friends are from grade and high school. Lucky for me, they are all great guys so I don't have to deal with any "jackass' friends :)

We went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory, which is always tasty, and then we headed over to Iron Cactus for some drinks. We went to the Iron Cactus up north where we met up with John and Tammy, and I'm glad we did. We have eaten there a couple of times but we never went their for drinks. They had AWESOME drink specials. If I remember correctly, it was $5.50 Mexican Martinis, $2.75 beer, $3.50 well drinks, and $3.50 Crown drinks. Very good for a Friday night! It appears that they have good specials every night of the week. Iron Cactus has a large patio off the back of the restaurant that has a private feeling (not right next to a street or parking lot). I highly recommend it!


Pictures from Friday night:

That is DJ Flava de'hav'e with Lindsey and I

I swear, we didn't call Chris and Lindsey before we met up to make sure we matched!

How eerie! :)

Jason and Ashley are seriously tan! They were telling us so many interesting stories from Australia. We are sooo happy they are back!

No comments: