Sunday, July 22, 2007


Happy Birthday Nick!!!

A picture of the birthday boy doing his best Zoolander face


On Saturday night we met up with friends for drinks at The Belmont to celebrate Nick's birthday. The typical crew went out and enjoyed the summer night. Luckily the rain stayed away and brought a nice breeze that kept the weather enjoyable. The Belmont seems to be the new place to go to right now, so it stayed busy all night. I have to say that the two patios (one upstairs and one downstairs) with live music makes it a cool place to hang out. I just wish that we had been able to find a table to sit down. Instead we stood and talked, which I guess is a little better since you can walk around and talk to everybody. After a few hours at The Belmont, we decided to head to another bar, Union Park (at least I think that is the name). Unfortunately, once we were in that bar, I realized that I didn't get my debit card back from the bartender. Shit. I paid our tab, but never got my card back. So we had to walk back to the bar (mind you, I am in some good looking but uncomfortable shoes), to pick up my card. Once we had the card back we decided to call it a night. It was 30 minutes until last call, and my feet weren't in the mood to walk all the way back to the other bar for one drink :).



Here are some pictures of our drinking adventure:




We ran into a friend of ours, Norm, at The Belmont. He was heading up the stairs to the patio while we were on our way down. We know Norm from a friend of mine at work. He is the crazy Jenga player (you may or may not remember me talking about a party where we literally played drinking Jenga for a couple of hours). Sarah is having a party next weekend, but Norm won't be able to make it. Pooh. At least we got to catch up with him for a little bit last night.

No comments: