Friday, July 27, 2007



A break in the rain



I brought my camera with me while I ran some errands today in case the rain stopped. I really wanted to head down one of the green belts to check out the water in the creeks. The rain stopped and the clouds broke up, so my camera and I headed out. It was a little scary because one of the roads I needed to drive on had water on it. The media has been freaking me out with all of the stories of cars getting swept down the creeks. So I watched a couple cars drive though without any issues, so I gave a little pep talk to the Jetta, and we drove over. Of course all was fine, but I was a little freaked :)






The creek was raging. I used to take Taylor to this creek to go swimming until I saw a couple of snakes swimming around in the water. I'm sure they didn't want anything to do with us, but I didn't want to risk Taylor getting bit. Anywho, the water in the creek was higher than I have ever seen it. But there was still a path along the water, so I decided to walk down a bit with my camera to see what I can find. My impromptu hike wasn't so easy mostly because of the wet conditions and mostly because of this....








My flip flops, not the greatest hiking foot wear. But it was helpful when I had to walk through some water to continue on my trek.





The most exciting thing I saw, besides the raging water, was 3 kids in a raft attempting to ride the creek. I was just about to head back to the car, when I saw them coming down the creek. Once again, i remember what I saw in the news about all of the rescues and thought that I would be seeing them on the news later getting rescued. But the 10:30pm news is one and they haven't mentioned any rescues today. So I took a couple of pictures of them, they were damn surprised to see me sitting on the banks with my camera pointed at them :) They just pointed and laughed at me.






No comments: