Sunday, July 15, 2007

Breakfast on the East side

While I was driving around the East side I came across El Chilito, so I stopped in for a breakfast taco. I recall hearing good things about their lunches, so I thought why not! El Chilito is a walk up restaurant with outdoor seating. I usually get pretty basic breakfast tacos made up of eggs, potato's, and onions. Not hard to fuck up, right? Well, my breakfast taco from El Chilito left me slightly grossed out and hungry. My main complaint was the way they cooked their eggs. It was as if they poured the scrambled egg on the griddle, cooked it, then flipped it to cook the other side (kind of like a pancake). Cooking it in that manner left a film or crust on the egg, which was very unappetising. I like my eggs fluffy and crustless. The potato's and onions were fine, but the crusty egg was so overpowering that I couldn't finish my taco. Oh well. I'll give them a second try to see how their lunch tacos taste, but I WILL NOT be going back for a breakfast taco.

No comments: