Sunday, July 08, 2007



Friday Night Dinner


We decided to try out a new place on Friday night. Jim found an article in a local magazine that highlighted a restaurant that had good Southern cooking. Okay, I'm game! After a bit of searching on the internet, I found some information on Tony's Southern Comfort Restaurant. They are located on the East side (which isn't a great area, but it is slowing becoming known for little diamond in the rough restaurants.) and they are BYOB (bring your own beer).


We found Tony's right away and walked in to a fairly empty restaurant. Hmmmm, not always a good sign but we are here and it smells terrific! We seat ourselves and checked out the restaurant. Which there really isn't much to take in, minimal decorations, small restaurant, and not a lot of people to check out. :) I ordered the fried chicken and Jim ordered the fried catfish. They came with two sides and cornbread. Once we got our food, we realized that we made an excellent choice. My chicken was crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. My chicken was very flavorful and not greasy. Jim thought his catfish was pretty damn good too! The cornbread was excellent, but the sides were just okay. Mashed potato's and gravy with a side of spinach were my sides. The mashed potato's were a bit dry but the gravy made up for it.


The service was pretty bad. As far as we could tell there was only one waitress for 5-6 tables. Which, we aren't hard asses when it comes to being served but once our food was delivered we didn't see our waitress for 20 minutes. Normally that isn't terrible, but she forgot one of Jim's sides and promised that she would be right back with them. He didn't get the side until we were done with our meal.


Aside from the service it was a very enjoyable experience. Certainly better than waiting for 30 min to an hour at a more popular restaurant! I would give Tony's Southern Comfort Restaurant 2.9 out of 4 stars! Overall I would recommend to friends, but I would let them know their menu is somewhat limited, but the food was excellent!


My food... I had the flash blocked, so it isn't a great photo

No comments: