Saturday, February 10, 2007




My first protest
This morning was the protest against Wal-mart at the proposed sight for the ginormous Wal-mart. The goal was to have enough people to wrap around the retail center and to all wear red to protest the building of Wal-mart. The goal was to have 5000 people, but about 2000 showed up. Which, I think getting about 2000 people out on a chilly morning was a success. There were all of the news vans driving around and and photographers so I'll have to keep an eye on the news to see if we get on there :) And of course I took pictures, so take a gander!! We were on the far side of the retail center, so there aren't as many as on the larger streets (but there were still a bunch of people!)

This little girl was playing the bag pipes while we were in our line, and she was so good! We heard it while in line but didn't know who was playing it until the protest was over. I am amazed that this little girl was so good!!

Awwwhhh, the husband. He was so happy I wrapped the red ribbon around him for a picture :) (NOT!!)

No comments: