Friday, January 28, 2011

Lunch from a Bus

The other day I couldn't figure out what I wanted to eat for lunch. I was up in the Arboretum area and thought about picking up a taco or two from Chi'lantro. But then I remembered something about a bus serving sandwiches... so thanks to my iPhone I googled this and out out that the bus was just around the corner. Yay!

The menu for Short Bus Subs is on the side of the bus, and they have plenty of sandwiches to choose from. I normally go for some type of turkey sandwich so i picked the Teachers Pet. It has turkey, cream cheese, bacon, onions, avocado, sprouts, tomato and salsa. They also had some vegetarian choices that looked pretty tasty too... oh hell, who I am kidding, they all looked good! I looooove sandwiches.


Since it was such a beautiful day (in the 70's in January, damn!), I took the sandwich to go and went home to hang outside with the dogs. The sandwich had plenty of sliced turkey, and the veggies were stuffed in the middle. The sandwich was toasted but not so toasted that it was dry. There was mention of cream cheese, but I couldn't find it in the sandwich. Maybe there was just minimal cream cheese that was melted in with everything else.
I was really happy with my sandwich! They drive to different locations every day AND they have a bus that is stationary. I believe that one is somewhere off of Muller, and they do breakfast :) I love my breakfast sandwiches so I'll be checking them out soon! If you are looking for an affordable tasty sandwich, check out their website to find out where they have set up for the day.

No comments: