Sunday, January 30, 2011

Let's see if I can find my Green Thumb
While shopping at the Farmers Market on Saturday I found a booth that was selling "onion bundles" along with other goodies. Since I am an onion lover I stopped to inquire about these bundles. Basically they are a starter kit to grow onions at home. Knowing that i have a bit of a brown thumb i was hesitant to buy them, but I thought for $3 I would give it a try.
I had some planter boxes that I haven't' been using so I think they will be perfect for the onions. I have these extra planters due to my brown thumb so let's hope I have better success with the onions. I didn't want to plant them into the ground because of the dogs and all of the critters we have running around the area. Maybe if I am successful with these I'll look to expand and have a little garden at the house.



They are planted and ready to go! I am crossing my fingers that the cold front that is blowing through this week won't harm the onions. I'll cover them and make sure they are warm, but it is the lack of sun that is concerning to me. You know where I am going with this right? If the onions don't make it I am blaming the cold front! :)


Grow onions grow!! :)

No comments: