Sunday, April 25, 2010

University of Texas Baseball

We had a great time at the UT baseball game yesterday. We try to catch a few games a season and support UT. Right now UT is on a roll, winning 14 games in a row and we were lucky to see another win. Jim got us fantastic seats, about 8 rows up on the first base side.

This little 3rd grader sang a beautiful version of the Star Spangled Banner. I was impressed!
We ate at the Hat Creek Burger trailer on the park. I have had a few of their burgers from their location on Burnet Rd. I will say, next time we go I doubt I'll get this burger. While it was good, $7.50 for just a burger, even at a ball park, is way to expensive. The burger was good but not great. There was a Poke-E-Joes next to Hat Creek, and they had sandwiches for $6, so we'll probably give them a try next time.

The pitcher, Brandon Workman, did an awesome job pitching! He struck out 9 batters in 6 innings (I think he went 6 innings). The final score was 9-3.


Great view from our seats but we had to stay aware of any stray foul balls

Bunt!

The happy couple...
I did a major no-no at this game. I forgot to wear sunscreen and now my left arm is a nice shade of red. Arrrghhh!

No comments: