Saturday, March 20, 2010

Visit with Keith, Gilat and Kai


Once the girls and I settled on NYC for our girls weekend, I knew that I wanted to fly in a day early to spend a little time with my cousin and his family. Kai, their son, is about 15 months ago and I haven't met him yet! I've seen plenty of pictures of the little guy but it was time to finally meet him.

This is one of my favorite photos. Kai had just woken up from a nap and of course poor guy has crazy lady from Texas taking his photo.

Lucky for me, my uncle was able to take some time off of work and drive to my cousins to hang out with us. They took us to Bobby Flays new burger joint. I was pretty exciting because a burger sounded fantastic and I'm a fan of Bobby Flay's recipes that I have tried.

I decided on the Blue burger, and I was very happy on my choice. Of course there were like 3 other burgers that also looked fantastic. For the table we ordered french fries, sweet potato fries and onion rings. The fries came with their own dipping sauces (a southwestern creamy sauce and a honey mustard sauce) and there was also various sauces on the table for the hamburgers. I really hope one of these burger places makes it to Austin!


After lunch, Kai was playing peek a boo with us :)

The burger place was in a mall, so we walked around a bit after eating. Since I stuffed my face, I felt better about walking around after eating.

Once we got back to the house we played Wii bowling. Gilat smoked us, and it was her 2nd or 3rd time playing the game.




Gilat and Kai
3 Generations of Millers :)


Fred, Kai and I

After lunch, Kai warmed up to me and we became buddies

We drove to a cute little town, Ridgewood, to walk around and get a coffee. I love the quaintness of the little towns in NJ.

For dinner, we ordered in from a local pizza joint. The calzones were HUGE. Look at that monster below... I could only eat about half of the calzone (I added onions, black olives and tomatoes). AND I had my first Yuengling, very tasty. I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't like it because we can't get it in Austin. On Friday morning I rode the train with my cousin to NYC. I think it took about 35-45 minutes from start to finish (and one train change). I really REALLY wish that Austin would get their shit together and give us public transportation that works. Hopping on a train to work would be so much easier than driving!Keith and I

No comments: